VFX Production Coordinator
VFX Production Coordinator — London, contract, start date: immediate
VFX Production Coordinator
|The VFX Coordinator is central to visual effects project management. They liaise with all aspects of production and post-production: Director, Editor, external VFX Supervisor and Producers, internal Producers and Supervisors as well as artists. Working closely with and on behalf of the internal VFX Producer they help strategise and implement tasks and targets crucial to the delivery of the project on time and on budget.
- Work with Producer, Leads and Supervisors to track and manage the workflow through the company, meeting internal and external deadlines
- Ensure that VFX artists understand their schedule of work and relay information back to production & supervision team.
- Organise dailies, rounds and meetings, taking notes and following up on information as necessary
- Ensure production database is kept updated daily with notes and critical information before departing for the day
- Communicating information quickly and succinctly to crew and other departments in person as well as via e-mail
- Anticipate and communicate issues to Producer and Supervisor to resolve problems quickly
- Maintain an accurate summary of progress from the previous day’s work by artists
- Oversee the execution of client deliveries of all temps and finals
- Manage edits along with the editorial department.
- Help to maintain a positive, upbeat and professional production office, being pro-active and solution-orientated as well as being calm and personable under pressure, whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Other ad hoc duties as may reasonably be expected
- Highly organised
- First-class time/project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritise conflicting tasks
- Able to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work within a team towards a common goal
- Basic understanding of live-action and CG based visual effects workflows
- Basic understanding of common file formats and resolutions
- Existing knowledge of production databases (e.g. F-Track / Shotgun)
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages (including Word, Excel) plus some knowledge of File-maker Pro would be helpful.
- FTP Software knowledge.
- Basic Avid/editorial knowledge – Not essential
- Lateral thinking skills.
Apply for this position
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK TO BE CONSIDERED.
Applicants should apply with daily freelance rate or salary expectations, their availability and 2 contactable references in order to be considered for the application.
Peerless will hold all submitted CV’s on file for up to 12 months and we will always re-visit applicants’ CV’s when relevant positions arise before advertising the position available…
Speculative CV’s with showreel should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.